22.1.07

tongue tied, twisted

what i look for in a blog is good writing, wit, and relevance. they don't have to write about what i care about, but they should make me delight in reading about what they care about. i am turned off by smarty pantses who take themselves and their opinions too seriously. i am turned on by someone who can make an original point AND make fun of her/himself too. i like having all of my human and artistic sensibilities tickled. i want pithy, punchy, stimulating, honest.

i feel none of these things lately.

lots to say about the painful pickton trial, obama-mania, the snoring storyline on grey's, relapses with personal habits recently broken, the oscar nominations (go gore go!). but i don't feel like it. i'm not in a funk, i'm just tongue-tied. it's an ongoing problem, i think, for those of us who have to write all kinds of things for other people - it's a struggle to actually take the time to write something for or about myself. perhaps the writer's group i just joined will have good advice for me on this creative quandary. no pressure, ladies.

btw -- today, both oprah and dr. robin were wearing shiny pink blouses. seemed like many audience members were too. got me thinking about how many times i stroked the arm of a dinner mate last week - another shiny blouse. so did i miss the memo? should i not have chucked the slippery stuff from my wardrobe in 1989? cuz i think that was a good decision.

4 Comments:

Blogger Audra Williams said...

Are you saying I should THROW AWAY my new blouse???

4:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll only catch me in one of those things if it wicks away spit-up.

And I'm guessing they don't.

5:15 p.m.  
Blogger pamused said...

i'm not saying you SHOULD, but you and oprah CAN definitely pull off shiny. me, not so much. wear it with pride, and i shall rub it affectionately.

5:16 p.m.  
Blogger Audra Williams said...

I am more concerned about the BROWN TANK TOP Oprah seems to be wearing over her blouse!

12:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home