17.1.07

brown humour

my dad fired a property superintendent for promising hundreds of dollars of repairs to an uppity tenant, among other serious misinterpretations of his authority. when discussing the incompetency and poor judgment that led to his termination, this exchange apparently went down:

the guy: "well you were in goddamn pakistan!"
dad: "i beg your pardon?"
the guy: "or wherever the hell you people come from!"

nice.

dad shared this story after hearing me tell him about a woman who recently asked me 'did your parents speak english in the home when you were growing up?' dad: 'did you tell her No, only in the kwik-E mart?' i told him to give zarqa nawaz a call with all that smart-ass comedy and leave me the hell alone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Casey Broughton said...

hehe. Oh how I miss you, Dr.K!

Love
Carrie

1:25 a.m.  
Blogger accidental altruist said...

i have nothing to say about brown humour. haven't seen the new Little House and only know daddy K's humour through your own hilareous impersonations.

Why am I posting then, you ask? I am highjacking your comment section to take an opportunity to plug my art!

shameless - yes. spam? ... erg, hopefully not.

besides... ya already promote a link to accidental altruist. and while its almost as colourful - the altruist side of my personality is succumbing to my real passion:
www.jennfarr.com!

that is all. :-)

well, other than, " see you on the 27th!!!! eeeeeeee!!!! i finally own my own DISCO BALL!!!!"

3:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home