26.9.05

my great escape

even in the midst of bouncing a simpleton anti-feminist out of this thread of the tea room, miss vicky and her webgeek came out last night to watch me and the band do a gig. a gig, i might say, that most of us apparently did not feel at all like attending. thankfully, our moods were significantly lifted due in no small part to the gaggle of drunken newfoundlanders and a girls-gone-wild crew of three equally inebriated gals. i'm pretty sure the music had something to do with it too. it always does. it occurs to me how fucking fortunate i am to have found this outlet for myself. still not sure where the musical experiment is heading, but i'm sure noticing how useful (dare i say, healthy) it is to belt out motown and r&b on a semi-regular basis. gigs and rehearsals provide a necessary bungee cord out of my day-to-day shyte, and there i go all feet tied and head first, a-bouncin' and free fallin' on my great escape from this head/heart o'mine. distractions are usually a good thing. mine is great.

3 Comments:

Blogger accidental altruist said...

I am not advertising anything. I am, however, sad that you did not advertise your gig. :-(

9:33 p.m.  
Blogger accidental altruist said...

no more Spam Pam!!!

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1203&topic=23

8:32 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Webgeek and I had to do a little search to find out where the gig was....

We had a great time, though! Promise we'll dance next time!

11:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home