7.6.05

surfacing

weird that I’ve been off line for an entire week. i don’t think that’s happened in like a decade, except maybe during transatlantic excursions or escapes to remote wireless places. miraculously, the planet has not imploded and neither has my head, both of which are quite astonishing facts.

i’ve been a little bit up and a little bit down. out of touch, out of town, and out of commission. on my own, on retreat, and even on some benders. time has moved slowly during this bizarre period. really is a time of transition. really truly. i suppose i’m feeling alright about things, for now. it takes backing away from something to examine it with any kind of clarity. the thing is, it’s not like i’ve spent the last week in my head, all curled up in the fetal position, rocking and moaning. more like i finally got a bit out of my head. imagine that. me... out there? and it’s been useful in ways i’m nowhere near ready to articulate.

there are things to say about so many things. and i really want to. i didn’t need a break from this forum, necessarily, it just wound up being one par hazard. my reflections have landed – sometimes illegibly – onto notebooks and napkins and scraps of paper. but i’ve missed you, strange cyber repository for random ramblings. let’s get together really soon for chats. ok, it’ll mostly be me doing the chatting. but still.

1 Comments:

Blogger accidental altruist said...

nice to have witnessed some of the surfacing! was lovely too have you join the festivities.

9:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home