9.1.08

knowing purple

i feel so validated. even the incomparable chaka khan knows where purple is at:

"I’ve done some reading, in anthropology and other places, on what the color can mean. It’s a color of royalty, and of mourning. The Aztecs considered it a mixture of blood and the sky. I’ve just always been attracted to it. Like everyone has a note on the piano that their body resonates to. It’s also the freak color, it’s associated with hippiedom, the free-spirited kind of thing."

from a new york times interview.

1 Comments:

Blogger Casey Broughton said...

My favourite colour! It was my Mom's fav, too. She once gave me an apron - which I still wear to cook - that says "I *heart* Purple"

Plus it has a rather cool history of being associated with some pretty terrific things, I mean besides me and Judi. :o)

10:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home